Monday, November 2, 2009

Geocaching update....

I haven't said much about geocaching lately. If you read the page related to challenge caches you should remember I said I was working for 101 days in a row of caching. I am happy to announce that we are only 3 days away from reaching 101! I am very excited. It has been a tough 101 days. On most days I limit myself to just 1 cache at a time so I don't deplete the caches in the area. If I have time I go for a short drive to grab a cache that is a bit further away.

I have learned a few things during in this process:
  • I can accomplish something I want to as long as I make the effort and put the work in for it.
  • I still hate lamp post type caches, but on some days they are necessary.
  • Caching alone is not nearly as fun as when you are with others.
  • I love to cache but I am not that obsessive about it.
Since I was the one that wanted to try and achieve this goal most of the cache finding is left up to me. Wonderful hubby has bailed me out on a few occasions though. Plus, on some days we are able to actually cache together. Our work and school schedule is not condusive to any sort of time to spend together. I am looking forward to going caching when I feel like it and on my own terms. Not to make sure I get my daily cache. Some days it is just such a chore to find that daily cache. I don't remember what that feels like anymore. There is a challenge where you need 200 caching days in a row but I don't know if I am going to make it that far. We will see what my record becomes.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on nearing your goal. I AM Obsessed with geocaching, but there is no way I could get one every day ... I make to many DNFs ;-)

    Thanks for entering the contest!
    I'm going to add you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete