Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jacob's Quilt!

My best friend, Michelle had her first child on October 22, 2009.  I was lucky enough to be there with her and her family to experience the event.  If you have been reading for awhile I have mentioned a few times that I want to be a midwife so that was an awesome opportunity for me.  Prior to the birth I started working on a quilt for Jacob.  I had no idea how to sew so my mom has helped me with this project every step of the way.  Here are some pictures through the process.
The fabric.
My mom helping me cut my fabric.
Everything cut out.

Top is finished.
Mom putting on the binding
Sewing on the binding
Finished Quilt
Top of Quilt (finished)

Bottom of Quilt (finished)
Michelle, Ken, and Jacob with the new quilt.
Me and Jacob with the quilt.

I thought that I did a really great job considering that I just starting sewing last summer.  I couldn't have done it without my mom though.  She helped me every step of the way.  I don't plan on doing any more quilts at the moment but I will probably do some more in the future.  I definitely like to sew and am excited to make new things.  I want to get a better sewing area setup though.  Hopefully the next place we live I can set something up.  I will put up some other craft projects as I go.

2 comments:

  1. It turned out so good!!! I love it. I'm sure baby will cherish it forever ;-)

    ReplyDelete