Thursday, December 10, 2009

Nursing Orientation

Today I finished a two day orientation to the nursing program I am starting in January.  Two long days but I am glad that the school provided this orientation.  My situation is a little bit different than a lot of nursing students since I am an LPN and am reentering the nursing program partway through.


I think that I have written in a previous post that this is a stressful situation for me.  I have been out of the nursing program since April 2007 so it is quite an adjustment to get back in there.  I don't remember many skills or info that I haven't used since then.


The nursing orientation was pretty much a review session.  We went over nursing care plans (which I hate!).  We practiced IV skills, medication math problems, etc.  This takes such a weight off of my shoulders.  I am rusty on some of the math but overall it isn't bad.  I also was worried that they might want care plans to be done differently but it was pretty much the same.  I want to do some reading while on break to get back in the swing of things.  I am getting more excited though.  The light at the end of the tunnel is finally beginning to be visible.

2 comments:

  1. That light is always a good thing... keep going forward toward it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you have a goal in mind. Doing something that really interests you will help you keep focussed!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete