Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Funny Work Story

I don't write much about work but a funny thing happened today.  For those of you who have not read any previous posts about my job here is the background info.  I am a nurse at a nursing home for people with dementia and Alzheimer's.  So it can be quite interesting.

Today, a gentleman was walking around talking to himself.  He sounds like an auctioneer.  There was another resident sitting nearby with her spouse (who does not live there and does not have dementia).  The gentleman came nearby and I said hello and gave him a hug.  He said, "I won!"  My response, "Oh you won?  That's great!".  He corrects me with, "No, I have WOOD!"

Totally, not what I was expecting to hear.  I look over at the family member who was just looking over at me with a look of shock.  Needless to say I was embarrassed.  Oh well.  That is live working with Alzheimer's residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment